Want to know the most difficult part of blogging recipes? Coming up with content that is actually interesting enough to fill a page. There is only so much that anyone can say about a Kale Caesar salad.
I love caesar salad, but most of the time I don’t like taking all the steps necessary to make a homemade dressing. It can be quite the process. I wanted a quick dressing that was homemade, creamy and tastes amazing! This dressing saves the day! By using premade mayo, this dressing can be ready in under 8 minutes. And feel free to use as much as garlic as you like. I always use at least two large cloves of garlic. And don’t skip the anchovy paste! You might be tempted especially if you have never used it before, but in my opinion, it is an absolute must.
One more thing before you go! Kale is an amazing green and works perfectly with this dressing. Kale also stores really well with dressing on it for at least 24 hours. So now there won’t be anymore throwing away extra kale caesar salad. If you don’t have Kale, Romaine is always a safe favourite and Arugula is our new personal favourite.
Kale Caesar Salad
- 2 cups mayo full fat
- 1/2 tsp anchovy paste
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 1/2 tsp fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 loaf day old baguette or ciabatta
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp italian seasoning blend
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- Measure and place mayo into bowl. Add anchovy paste and mix really well. Mince garlic then add. Then pour in lemon juice and apple cider vinegar. Mix well. Finish with grated parmesan and you're done! Super fast!
- Preheat oven to 350 and line baking sheet with parchment paper. Cut or tear your day old bread into cubes.Drizzle with olive oil. Mix your spices together and sprinkle bread.Toss everything together. Bake at 350 for 15-20 min. Your croutons are done when the bread has turned a nice golden brown!Warning! They are highly addictive! Enjoy!
Thanks for stopping by!
You can also find more recipes here –> recipes